Your Personal Data – what is it?
Personal Data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of Personal Data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
MyMortgageDeal.co.uk a trading style of Simon Murphy who is the Data Controller (“we”, “us”). This means they decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your Personal Data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping Personal Data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes: –
- To provide our advice and implementation service in respect of financial products, such as mortgages, life assurance, pensions and investments.
- To keep in contact with our clients about our products, services & business activities which we believe may be of value to them
What is the legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
Article 6 Processing
- Consent of the Data Subject; where we are marketing to the public.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the Data Subject or to take steps to enter into a contract; where we have been engaged to provide financial services.
Article 9 Processing
- Explicit consent of the Data Subject; where we wish to tell people about events, news, services
Sharing your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with Julian Harris Networks and providers of financial service products, third-party data storage providers and legal or regulatory authorities if obliged to do so.
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for servicing the financial services provided where agreed and in case of any legal claims and for regulatory purposes.
Your rights and your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data: –
- The right to request a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the Data Controller provide the Data Subject with his/her Personal Data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another Data Controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
MyMortgageDeal.co.uk trading as Simon Murphy (sole trader)
Admin Centre, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Providing Your Consent
By sending this electronic request form you confirm that you have read the Data Protection Notice and that you consent to MyMortgageDeal.co.uk holding and processing your Personal Data for the following purpose (please tick the box to give your consent): –
Email address ……………………………
- To keep you informed about news & business activities
- Provide relevant information on products and services that we offer.
I consent to be contacted by:
You can grant consent to all the purposes; one of the purposes or none of the purposes. Where you do not grant consent we will not be able to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes but may process the data in certain limited situations, such as where required to do so by law or to protect members of the public from serious harm.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent to all or any one of the above purposes at any time by contacting the Data Controller. Please note that all processing of your Personal Data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any Personal Data that has already been processed prior to this point.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We also use 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Copyright: © 2018 My Mortgage Deal. All Rights Reserved.